Meaning And Benefits Of Chanting Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra By Dr Kausthub Desikachar
oṁ dadhiśaṅkhatuśārābhaṁ kṣīrodārṇavasaṁbhavam|
namāmi śaśinaṁ somaṁ śambhormukuṭabhūṣaṇam ||
ॐ दधिशंखतुषाराभं क्षीरोदार्णवसम्भवम् ।
नमामि शशिनं सोमं शम्भोर्मुकुटभूषणम ।।
The Navagraha or nine planets, their transitions, and places in each of our birth charts form the foundation of Vedic Astrology. The Moon (Candra) is one of the nine planets in Indian astrology and is considered one of the essential planets and impacts every person’s horoscope. In this article, Dr Kausthub Desikachar shares the meaning and the benefits of chanting Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra.
The ruling divinity of the planet Candra, the Moon, also known as Soma, is the one who dictates the wisdom and the minds of the people. Dr Kausthub Desikachar says Planet Candra; the Moon is deemed to regulate our emotions and mind, thus having a mighty dwelling in our subconscious compositions. The impact of the planet moon on a person’s horoscope can bring forth beneficial and adverse events.
Navgraha mantras are persuasive sacred expressions that beckon the blessings of the nine planets to serve the chanters. There are many mantras to honour these auspicious qualities of the Moon. Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra is another extraordinary mantra that celebrates the Moon and is usually chanted to alleviate the adverse forces of the Moon in our astrological charts. Dr Kausthub Desikachar additionally says it sanctifies and worships the Moon, the king of the therapeutic nectars, which are imperative for our healing.
Meaning Of Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra
The glorious, dazzling Moon radiated while churning the ocean of milk by the Gods and demons in chase of the eternal nectar. The incredible planet is the crown ornament beautifying the head of Lord Shiva. Lord Candra arrives in the hue of curds, conch and snow.
Benefits Of Chanting Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra
- Mitigates the affliction due to the distressed position of the Moon in the horoscope.
- Enhances the positive upshots and blessings of the auspicious and favourable Moon in a person’s birth chart and minimizes the adverse outcomes.
- Lord Chandra helps magnify your radiance, wisdom, vision, mindfulness and cerebral abilities.
- It helps clear the brain fog and amplify the energy of the mind.
- Aids in receiving Lord Candra’s blessings for a joyful and fortunate life.
How to Chant Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra
- Wake up early in the morning; after a shower, chant the Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra looking at Lord Candra.
- Understand the significance of the mantra to maximize its privileges.
- The ideal time to start chanting the Navagraha Candra Śānti Mantra is the Monday of a bright fortnight (Shukla Paksha).
- For the best result, chant this mantra 108 times.
Subscribe for blog updates on Poems, Photography, Health & Wellness, Spirituality & Culture and travel.