Importance Of The Moon And The Benefits Of Chanting Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra By Dr Kausthub Desikachar
oṁ śrāṁ śrīṁ śrauṁ saḥ candrāya namaḥ
||ॐ श्रां श्रीं श्रौं सः चन्द्राय नमः||
Candra (चन्द्र, Candra) is the God of the Moon, Lord of the Night, Plants and Vegetation. The term Candra truly means “bright, shimmering or glittering” and is applied for the “Moon” in Sanskrit, Hindi, and other Indian languages. In this article, Dr Kausthub Desikachar discusses the importance of the moon and the benefits of chanting Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra.
According to Hindu mythology, Moon is one of the most influential planets impacting the foretelling destiny of each person. The moon lingers in second place amidst the Navagrahas, the nine planetary houses and travels approximately 2 1/2 days in every sign and necessitates 28 days to revolve, encompassing the twelve zodiac signs. The Moon dictates our state of mind, including our understanding, rationalising, emotions, mood, character, intuitions, fondness towards people, materials, etc. It is believed that even pregnancy, childbirth and fertility are governed by the Moon.
Dr Kausthub Desikachar adds by saying the moon is regarded as the king of herbs and medicines and is a mighty healer. In India, medicinal therapeutic herbs were continually farmed and harvested at relevant phases of the moon.
Benefits Of Chanting Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra
There are several mantras to sanctify the auspicious attributes of the moon. However, Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra is a very special mantra composed of powerful Bīja-mantra-s (seed syllables) depicting the Candra-graha.
1. Works on subtle consciousness, enhance mental and emotional strength.
2. Helps mitigate the suffering due to the distressed position of the moon in the horoscope while alleviating the unfavourable effects.
3. Amplify the positive effects on a person’s birth chart.
4. Help clear the perplexing nature of the mind.
5. Enhances the beauty, brilliance, eyesight and memory of a person.
6. Helps in sustaining good relations with everyone.
7. Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra is the surest method to gratify Lord Candra and triumph his blessings for a joyous and flourishing life.
Best Time To Chant Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra
Dr Kausthub Desikachar recommends chanting Candra-Bījasahita-Mantra starting on any Monday evening, as Monday is the prime day of the Moon God himself. One must face the east while chanting this mantra.
Once you’ve started the chant on a Monday, you could listen to this mantra 6 times each day, at sunrise, midday and sunset time.
Subscribe for blog updates on Poems, Photography, Health & Wellness, Spirituality & Culture and travel.