Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra | Meaning and Benefits Of Chanting Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra| Dr Kausthub Desikachar
oṁ āñjaneyāya vidmahe vāyuputrāya dhīmahi | tanno hanumat pracodayāt
ॐ आञ्जनेयाय विद्महे वायुपुत्राय धीमहि। तन्नो हनुमत् प्रचोदयात्॥
Lord Hanumān is a legendary and important character in Hindu mythology. Dr Kausthub Desikachar says Hanumān’s courageous activities from the epic Rāmāyaṇa inspire personalities of all generations and ages. His zealous devotion to Lord Śrī Rāma is deemed a prominent paradigm of Aphala-prapatti (surrender without expectation). Lord Hanumān is the God of Wisdom, Fortitude, Bravery, Loyalty, and Self-Discipline. He symbolically stands for pure love, dedication, complete submission and absence of ego and pride. In this article, Dr Kausthub Desikachar discusses the meaning and benefits of chanting Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra.
Meaning Of Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra
O, the son of Anjana and Vayu, I pray to you for intelligence and understanding. May Lord Hanuman illuminate and propel us.
Benefits Of Chanting Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra
Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra is a modification of the most popular Gayatri Mantra. Dr Kausthub Desikachar says it is an excellent mantra for those who desire to cultivate characteristics like Hanumān.
- Chanting Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra regularly develops a person’s courage, bravery and strength in junctures of adversity.
- This mantra nullifies the impacts of black magic and evil powers.
- Helps to overcome the unfavourable effects of Mars (Angarak/Bhauma and Saturn (Śani)
- It improves your devotion and moulds your character.
- Reciting this mantra helps create positive energy around you.
- Lastly, chanting Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra provides you with success under challenging endeavours and fills your life with prosperity.
Best Time To Chant Hanumān-Gāyatrī-Mantra
Listen to it about eight times, thrice a day, at sunrise, sunset and dusk.
Subscribe for blog updates on Poems, Photography, Health & Wellness, Spirituality & Culture and travel.